Mittwoch, 26. März 2014

Kulture 10

Dinner for Who?

It isn't surprising that people in Germany have their own traditions, even if the traditions do involve something from another country. It is interesting how it came to be a German cult classic once it was recorded in a German studio. Even if the actors and language are not German, every other part of the medium is.

Sorry, we're Closed

It is amazing that the stores aren't open 24/7. It is something that I have grown so accustomed to that I don't know that I could be entirely confident getting to stores on time with such weird hours. I checked mcdonalds.de, and discovered that many of its stores (at least in Berlin) have hours that extend until 8 or later. I didn't find any 24/7 McDonalds either though.. I wonder if third shift is something that only doctors and police have in Germany.

Booze Brothers

This article portrays Father's Day in Germany like a Friday night before a football game in most  American colleges. I feel like this particular interpretation of  the holiday is very far removed from the original, but, again, traditions are traditions.

365 Dinge

222 - Supposedly the Currywurst at Curry 36 is legendary. Perhaps a good place to go if I go to Berlin
229 - How can a lipstick museum exist? Especially since its biggest selling point is that it has lipstick used by important people?
240 - Good to know that paintball is everywhere, but I haven't played in a while
259 - I wonder if IKEA is any different in Europe than it is here...

Kulturetext
Brothers Grimm
- I did not realize that the Grimm brothers wrote down oral stories
- It is very interesting that they were pioneers in language study
Karneval
- I just like that it starts with people trying to cut of ties with scissors

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.