Mittwoch, 26. März 2014

Kultur 10

Hallo!

Diese drei Artikeln war sehr...seltsam. Die Zeit for the rational Deutscher has apparently come to an end and jetzt wir werden die irrationale Deutschland sehen.

Der erste Artikel, dass lese ich war "Dinner for Who?" This obviously comes off as sehr seltsam und planlos. I see the novelty value in the showing of this Filme, aber ich sehe nicht the connection to die deutsche Kultur. I do not know if I am a bit jaded or only see the negative aspects of things, but the video itself came off as a bit...sad rather than comedic. Es war simply ein Frau, dass alles ihre Fruenden verloren hat. Sie ist allein. Sie hat 90 Jahre alt und sie würde bald sterben. A bit dark, I know, but it had its endearing qualities with the butler trying to care for her the best he could...in more ways than one it seems. It just seems so random and unexpected that a britisch skit would embed itself into the Deutsch Sylvester tradition. Like the Artikel said, the same could be said about people who go to midnight viewings of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and actually participate with the Filme. I guess we just cling to tradition, no matter the reason it starts.




The second article is yet andere Artikel that shows a sharp contrast between die USA und Deutschland. Amerikaner businesses have to be extremely convenient for its customers in order for them to set themselves apart. So if one store decides they will remain open longer, the rest typically follow suit to avoid losing business. We have many 24/7 shops and it is never too late to do many things here in the States. Now if you closed stores at around 1 in the afternoon, like in Deutschland, it would take a while to get used to. I am sure that they are slowly transitioning to a more convenient model and have already in most places, and that this might just be an exaggeration, but I NEED convenience since I basically grew up on it. I do not mean it in a spoiled way, just that having to plan my everyday shopping more carefully would screw up many parts of my daily routine.

The final Artikel is simply unexpected. Some Feiren are known for the inebriation of its celebrants, but of all days...Father's Day? Ich may understand the difference being it is less about a family celebrating the contributions of the father figure, and more of the father figure celebrating, or taking time off of, being a father...sort of like Labor Day here in die USA. Here, it is a family-centric day that is peaceful and calm, not a drunken brawl in the streets...that's St. Patrick's Day...which I suppose makes just as much sense, now that I think about it. The last part about groups wanting it to be banned and neo-Nazis taking advantage of the occasion was actually hilarious, since in my mind we are still talking about the Father's Day I grew up with, not Deutschlands Herrentag.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.