For my AMD I read two German poems and spent an hour analyzing the two of them. The poems that I chose were "Gefunden" by Goethe and "Erlkönig" by Goethe. I spent most of my time trying to decipher what the poem literally said as opposed to what it "means." I was basically testing my German comprehension skills as opposed to my poetry understanding skills.
"Gefunden" tells the story of someone who was walking and came upon a flower. He saw the flower and thought it was beautiful. He went on to pick up the flower and then brought it back to his house. He planted it and it keeps on growing.
"Erlkönig" tells the story about a father riding with his son in his arms. The son keeps talking about all the things that the Erlkönig is offering him. Eventually he succumbs to him and dies in the fathers arms.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.