Montag, 10. März 2014

AMD 4

Für AMD 4 habe ich der Film Das Boot gesehen.  Es ist ein klassischer Film von 1981.  Das Boot follows the journey of Capt.-Lt. Henrich Lehmann-Willenbrock and Germany’s top U-boat in the Atlantic ocean during WWII. 

The flim offers a very good representation of what life was like for sailors on U-boats and the miserable conditions they endured.  Constantly altering between claustrophobia, boredom, and terror , the crew of U-96 relentlessly pursued their enemies.




Overall this was a very good film.  It is a little lengthy with the director’s cut being 3.5 hours long.  The entire movie is in German with English subtitles.  I understood some of what was spoken. Mostly individual words and some shorter lines.  However, due to the many action scenes, a lot of the diolouge was spoken very quickly. This obviously made it more difficult to comprehend.  "Na, männer, alles klar? "Verdammt...Verdammt!" "Wir sind verlobt." These were just a few of the lines I was able to interpret. I give this film a 4.5 out of 5 stars, and I definitely recommend watching it. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.