Sonntag, 9. März 2014

Kultur 9

Ich habe die Welcome to America take a number lesen, und ich denke about how nice the author made Europe out to be. All of the points he made are very true, much of our government agencies are horribly backed up, and this is in part due to our adverseness to socialism, we simply don't have enough funding to support our agencies. However, there are some perks for being in America, there are less restrictions on applying for many permits, and one does not need hundreds of certificates to be accepted. The article about certificates made sense, documentation of everything is pretty important, I just know that if I had to keep track of absolutely everything I received, I would go insane.
The neighbor article just reminded me the importance of actually communicating with your neighbors as well as being willing to compromise. I just thought about how my family would make horrible neighbors in Germany, we have a dog as well as drei teenagers, so we are bound to make noise. So if we had an elderly neighbor who was adamant of everything being quiet, there would probably be some conflict.
The final article I read was the German patriotism article. To me, I feel that while many foreigners do not understand why Germans act why they do about flags/patriotism, or don't understand the extremity of it, I think that this is probably the better option. Rather than not trying to learn from their mistakes, as America tends to do, Germans have been making a concerted effort to improve their country, which is always admirable.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.