Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014

Kultur 8

In my first read about the fear of drafts, I found that though this may be an irrational thing to us, is a custom that the Germans have grown up with. I found this very intriguing with the relief that it brings to us as Americans on a hot day, but there is some logic perhaps behind this custom. Experience dictates learning and perhaps at some point many became ill and this was attributed to the open windows. Maybe this is the cause, maybe not, but the fact remains that this grew as a custom in Germany.
In the second article I read about how Germans have a number of diseases that are not common anywhere else in the world. I have also found that they dislike the use of antibiotics. This is very interesting to me because I, being mostly German, highly dislike the use of not only antibiotics, but most medicines. I feel as though if it is not naturally occurring in your body, then it should not be put in there, I find that I highly agree with the ideas that are expressed in this article.
In the third article it describes the heavy use of saunas throughout the nation. I found it very intriguing how it first became a major use when an Olympian requested having them during the Olympics to maintain his routine. This is a very interesting idea, but if it is used by serious athletes, there may be a truly beneficial concept behind this use.
These were very interesting reads and each Kultur blog that arises, I find very interesting facts, stereotypes, beliefs, customs, etc. that I would previously never have known. I find that these customs truly show how each country, and possibly city, has its own customs showing just how diverse different areas can be.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.