Montag, 10. Februar 2014

Kultur 8 Philip Picon

The article that stood out most to me is the sauna article. Germany's "obsession" with saunas is not weird at all to me because I go in the sauna every single day. That is no exaggeration. Monday-Sunday I spend at least 25 minutes in the sauna at the CCRB. What I do find odd is the fact that the German saunas are coed and completely naked. In the saunas here you are likely to find every man over the age of 60 entirely naked because at that point in their life it doesn't matter. However, it is very strange to see people our age naked and would be even weirder to imagine both men and women naked in the sauna together. However, America was founded by prudes so it is entirely understandable why I find this concept so weird.

It makes no sense to me why Germans are afraid of drafts of wind. I can't sit cooped up for long without needing fresh air. After reading the articles about the mysterious illnesses in Germany, I actually may now close all open windows if I ever go to Germany. I don't want to lose my hearing or die.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.