There were many options to choose from, but I finally settled on Memrise.
This site had a broad range of practice for vocabulary, positions of words/word order, memorization and repetition.
I started off on the beginners level to get a sense of the program. Next, I increased difficulty and finally jumped several levels as I recognized more and more words and repetitions.
Each level started off by indicating a small portion of a sentence such as "Ich mochte" or "Sprichst du".
In addition to small phrases such as these, the introduction to each level included vocabulary such as nouns, verbs, adverbs, etc.
Once the introductory session was finished at each level, a timer would begin for each task and you would have to perform the specific task. Tasks included translating German to English, English to German, listening to sentences and then having to construct them with the words provided in the correct order, spelling English and German versions of each word/sentences/phrases, constructing sentences bottom up and top down, etc.
The program was very repetitious, and involved a lot of practice memorizing phrases and words and then beating them into short term and long term memory, hence the name Memrise
Here are a few of the completed sentences that I worked with:
Ich mochte bitte ein
Glas Wein
Ich mochte bitte ein
Tasse Kaffee
Ich spreche ein
bisschen deutsch
Sprichst du deutsch?
Sprichst du
englisch?
Du sprichst sehr gut
deutsch
Wie sagt man auf
deutsch
Gibt es Bier?
Gibt es Tee?
Es gibt
I would highly recommend this program. The different memorization procedures really helped me to learn different words, phrases, sentence structures, etc.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.