Once again, the reading for this Kultur assignment have
brought Israel and Germany together for me; the school and college system in
both is so similar, which makes sense as the first university in Israel, the Hebrew
university in Jerusalem, was structured and academically designed by Germen-Jewish
professors. So much so, that when I went there for undergrad the saying was
that it is the last German university in the world.
The text I enjoyed the most from this Kultur reading was the
one on saunas; at first I found it to be redundant and esoteric (as the draft
and medicine ones were), but the second part of the article which offers to see
the sauna as a metaphor and as a place where social barrios may crumble was interesting.
This is the trailer for "Im Schwitzkasten" which
is nice and has much I understood:
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.