Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014

Kultur 8

Hallo!

Alright, finally ich lese ein Artikel that puts Deutschland in a much stranger light than before. Typisch die Deutschen are portrayed as having the same traits as everyone else, but with a slight quirk, such as their borderline compulsive need for Ordung and procedure. Avoiding moving air all together actually seems like a unique thing that ich habe nicht erlebt. It might actually be uniquely Deutsch. There is a similar "phobia" in Südkorea in which die Leuten believe running a fan inside a closed room will suffocate those inside der Raum (I swear to Gott). At every chance I get, I open every window in my car im Sommer and drive rather schnell to the point where its deafening (Its actually a concern nowadays that it will cause hearing loss). Ich liebe meine Luft, and so help me Gott, I'm opening every window ich sehe in Deutschland.

On to Saunas! Ich liebe Saunas, personally. I have always known that Europeans, especially the Scandanavians, love Saunas and hot-springs. They are incorporated into die Stereotypen of Europeans by Amerikanische Filme. If you are a Deutsch businessman in an Amerikanische Filme, you will have a scene in a sauna. Most Amerikaner have never been inside a Sauna since, well, we have a general fear of nudity that most Europeans do not have. You will actually see some people shower in ein Badeanzug after working out here. However, those who do use a sauna, especially after exercising (A 20 minute session is the equivalent to an hour of cardio), they love it.

The third article, on Deutsche medical problems, was a bit more on the serious side than usual. They addressed the dangerous drafts, which I found sehr lustig. They did, however, address a concern that I have regarding anti-biotics. It has nothing to do about "Big Pharma" as suggessted in this Artikel, aber it is about antibiotic abuse leading to the creation of resistant bacteria. The more and more bacteria we kill, the more the resistant bacteria can grow without competition for resources and after a while, our medicine is not going to even work anymore. This happens if you take antibiotics for something like a viral infection (many people here take them for the common cold...I have no idee why, but they do), or you fail to finish off your regimen of antibiotics which will keep you sick, but now with resistant bacteria. Die Amerkaner LOVE medicine. I would probably fit in more in Deutschland in this regard, since I hate even taking aspirin for a Kopfschmerzen, but most people I know pop medicine like tic-tacs when they feel a bit iffy. That may be because in die USA, you really cannot afford to be sick. Whether it is the cost of a doctor's visit (which many people, including myself, try to avoid due to the cost) or the fact that more than, say two sick days a year, will most likely result in you being fired from your job.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.