Dienstag, 4. Februar 2014

AMD 2- Andrea Rousseau

         Für dieses Abenteuer mit Deutsch, habe ich die ersten Bereich von Das Leben der anderen (The Lives of Others) gesehen. This film had its North American premiere at the 2006 Toronto Film Festival, going on to win the 2006 Oscar for Best Foreign Film. This film also won sieben Deutscher Filmpreis awards.
         Some parts were a difficult for me to understand, seeing as I couldn't find a full version on YouTube with English subtitles. The film depicted the strictness of the German government right off the bat. A man is being interrogated for supposedly helping his neighbor and friend, Dieter Pirmasens, flee to the West. When this interrogation is later reviewed in a classroom, the teacher explains to a student that the reason behind keeping the prisoner under constant interrogation is to determine their guiltiness, and that liars will have pre-formulated sentences.
        Wiesler is assigned to spy on Dreyman. Wiesler is aware of Dreyman and Sieland's relationship and causes complications. After a friend, Jerska, gave Dreyman some sheet music, his friend went on to hang himself. Dreyman then publishes an anonymous article in Der Spiegel on East German suicide rate, using a miniature, unregistered typewriter in his basement. This enrages authorities and sends them on a hunt to find the typewriter. Sieland is arrested in the dentist office and is blackmailed into admitting that Dreyman had written the article. From there, the look for the typewriter, and once again blackmail Sieland into confessing its location. Overall, I found this film to be about the monitoring of East Berlin by the members of the Stasi (secret police), and will probably finish the remainder of the film when I have time...

Some terms I picked up:

  • Ich kann Ihnen die nummer geben- I can give you the number
  • weitergehen- go on
  • herein- enter
  • setzen Sie sich- sit down
  • ich habe nicht getan- I haven't done anything
  • Ich will schlafen- I want to sleep
  • Bitte lassen mich schlafen- Please let me sleep
  • Ruhe, hören sie- Quiet, listen


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.