So I started with looking at the USA kulinarisch website which was very interesting. The first thing that attracted my attention was the recipe for "world peace cookies." The author of this recipe claimed that "A daily dose of these cookies is all that is needed to ensure planetary peace and happiness," which seems like a pretty bold claim. These cookies consists of a chocolate base with macadamia nuts which does sound delicious, but not enough to make everyone forget their hate. I then discovered that there is a section in the Regionale Rezepte called "cowboy cooking" so naturally I had to examine it. It appears that cowboy cooking consists what cowboys ate out of their chuckwagons in the wild west, things like biscuits, hot coffee, anything in a dutch oven and pies.
I then looked at "what discipline? of german lines and pythons" article. I found this article hilarious because I remember the German lady from street interview video and class saying the typisch deutsch was diziplin und ordnung, yet they refuse to line up. I despise this practice of cutting and I think I would be actually angry if I spent a good amount of time in Germany.
For the kultur reading from the book, it sounds like the studentenermaessigungen is a lot like our m-cards. Both give students discounts at theater, free bus rides but I have never tried to get a discounted ballet ticket with m-card.
The book 365 dinge was wildly entertaining mainly due to the photos in it. On the first page I opened to there was a man with a fantastic mustache and a woman dressed in neon 80s gear leading a water aerobics session. I then found where to Essen I'm Dunkeln, where you you can't see your hand in front of you face. I have no idea why this would be appealing but apparently it is. The food that really caught my eye was Das groesste Schnitzel der Stadt. I'm a big fan of breaded meats and I like to eat a lot so this seems like it's my kind of place.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.