Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014

Kultur 7

In my first read of "What Discipline: Of German Lines and Pythons" I was quite astonished. In previous Kultur readings I have found that Germans follow everything law/code in great detail. When it comes to waiting in line, however, this appears not to be the case. They can truly be as it means in German, a python. I found it very funny that the older women also participate in this. I would have expected the younger males(not to be sexist) to be the prime people for this act, however, it would seem that the other, less expected party, also plays a trivial role.
In the article regarding the German discussions on traditional American meals, and in some case holidays, shows a great deal that Germans are fascinated by certain customs that people undergo at certain times in the year. I was especially fascinated by the Halloween discussion how this one particular person made all of the scary foods, decorations, and stuff that we partake in year by year. It appears that it is no well known in Germany, but this may be to the holiday of Saint Martin which takes place a few short weeks later. This article was extremely fascinating to me and I have learned that even though we are a country of immigrants(technically) with people from all over the world forming its center, we have our own traditions that are spreading in popularity.
In the 365 Dinge, I have found some very fascinating things out. Granted, it is a bit hard still in my young German reading career to fully understand that descriptions, however, it is very interesting to see some of these. The ones that I found most interesting, to no surprise, were the ones that I can relate to. I was very interested in the H2O party club, the beer, wine, sporting activities, and the tattoos. It is a very interesting read finding this new information that I never would have before been able to know. I suspect that many others like myself would one day like to partake in some of the happenings in Germany. This has furthered my desire to one day(hopefully being able to understand people) venture to Germany, as well as other countries in Europe of course, and see what they have in first person.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.